Bribery Scheme Costs Telecom Company $850 Million
24 September 2019 10:40am
Bribes to win business a losing proposition
The world pays the price for unchecked corruption
- A rise in populist leaders who use corruption as an issue to get elected, then undermine anti-corruption laws and weaken democratic institutions after gaining power.
- A lack of effective anti-bribery and corruption mechanisms in newly-democratic countries, which leads to high levels of corruption and low performance of democratic institutions.
- Weakening of the rule of law—in both established democracies and emerging ones.
How can you combat corruption?
- Download Fast Facts on ABC compliance now.
- Share this post with your colleagues and connections
Reasons to get in touch
- You can't find an answer to your problem on this website
- You would like to request training
- You would like a product demonstration
- You are having trouble logging in or have a technical problem