Higher Education Crisis Communication Tips
5 crisis communication tips every higher education institution needs
Unfortunately, not all crises are preventable and most can happen at any given moment. However, there are ways to prepare for the unavoidable. Communication during a disaster is key, and familiarizing yourself and your institution with a crisis communication management plan can help you stay prepared, proactive and practical if something goes wrong.
Here are five communication tips for higher education institutions handling a crisis:
1. Build a trusted communications team
2. Map out potential responses in advance
3. Assess the situation efficiently
4. Make use of social media
5. Remain compassionate
With these tips, your university can learn to cope with a crisis and keep the community safe and well informed.
- You can't find an answer to your problem on this website
- You would like to request training
- You would like a product demonstration
- You are having trouble logging in or have a technical problem