Mitigate the increased risk and ensure your business’ ongoing regulatory compliance
What is Enhanced Due Diligence?
Enhanced due diligence – that is, heightened investigative measures that take standard due diligence research up a notch – is necessary when the individuals or entities you’re doing business with pose a greater-than-normal risk to your organisation. It goes beyond traditional financial checks to view third-party risks across PESTLE (political, economic, sociocultural, technological, legal and environmental) categories to better protect your corporate interests.
This higher level of due diligence aims to mitigate the increased risk and ensure your business’ ongoing regulatory compliance. A high-risk scenario generally involves situations in which there’s increased opportunity, likelihood, or both for money laundering, terrorist financing or other financial crimes through a product or service.
Enhanced due diligence practices rely on comprehensive data, the right technology and robust analytics. Together, these can help you uncover concealed risks and relationships.
Through enhanced due diligence, you can gain a more in-depth understanding of the individuals and entities with whom you’re dealing, including customers, third-party suppliers and business partners.
Ultimately, enhanced due diligence helps companies safeguard interests concerning:
- mergers and acquisitions
- supply chain continuity and integrity
- compliance with sanctions, anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) laws
Due Diligence Reports
Running detailed due-diligence reports can provide you with a clear, verifiable and auditable trail of your due-diligence efforts. With them, you can demonstrate to regulators that your organisation is conducting the appropriate level of due diligence and provide proof of third party compliance.
What’s more, these reports also help you improve decision-making, as they give you a more complete picture of the companies and individuals with whom you’re doing business. You will be able to more effectively manage supplier, AML and ABC compliance risk as part of your overall risk-management strategy.
Thorough due-diligence reports can detail:
- company background checks
- executive screening
- ABC assessments
- screening of vendors, suppliers, customers and other third parties involved with your business
- ethics and corporate social responsibility checks
- financial crime investigations, such as embezzlement, fraud, money laundering or other fiscal irregularities
- and more
Nexis Diligence™ a due diligence software enables you to perform enhanced due diligence checks and comprehensive research to investigate and monitor third parties, customers and other entities with whom you do business. This simple and intuitive third party compliance & due diligence software tool also helps you gather all the regulatory data you need to ensure your ongoing third party compliance.
With Nexis Diligence™, you have access to an unparalleled collection of global news and information all in one place, including:
- more than 150 premium business information databases
- millions of public and private company profiles covering both developed and emerging markets
- politically exposed person (PEP) lists, international sanctions lists and watchlists
- more than 26,000 current news sources from newspapers, blogs, and newswires, as well as an archive going back 40 years
- the LexisNexis® database of international court cases and decisions
- risk-analysis reports
- more than 500 biographical sources and executive profiles
What’s more, with the Diligence® built-in report builder, you can produce tailored time- and date-stamped reports to demonstrate your ongoing compliance efforts if you undergo a regulatory audit.
Ultimately, with comprehensive information on the people and companies you’re dealing with, you can:
- minimise risk and safeguard your business
- remain compliant
- improve your decision-making power for critical business decisions
- grow your business with confidence
Nexis® Entity Insight
In our global marketplace, any number of entities – from links in your supply chain and vendors to partners and other business relationships – increase your company’s exposure to risk. If you don’t have the proper information and insights into whom you’re dealing with across this complex network of third parties, your company may face reputational, regulatory, financial and strategic threats.
Nexis® Entity Insight is a due diligence software risk monitoring tool that lets you conduct ongoing risk media monitoring using a PESTLE framework. This framework helps you more quickly and easily identify supply-chain and third-party risk.
Entity Insight is an economical solution that:
- provides access to premium content
- enables customised risk scoring
- empowers your business
With Entity Insight, you can:
- manage active and pending entities, as well as related RSS feeds
- see news volume for all active entity mentions (each is colour-coded by PESTLE category)
- pinpoint the top 10 news volume trends among active entities and risk topics
- examine adverse media mentions and minimise budding risks
- evaluate a snapshot of risk levels and trending risk areas, and closely monitor specific risk profiles
- keep a close eye on adverse media mentions and mitigate emerging risks
With Entity Insight, you’ll gain invaluable transparency into your business risk. Armed with all the data you’ll need, you’ll be able to not only prevent or minimise that risk, but also make stronger, better informed decisions before problems develop.
- If you did not find the information you were looking for on our website
- If you want a demo of our solutions
- If you could not sign up or have a technical problem
- If you have any other question
We will get back to you as soon as possible!