Analysing the public perception of your brand and taking actions to manage and optimize it.
What is brand management?
Your brand exemplifies who your company is and what it stands for. It encompasses your company name, logo, products, internal and external messaging, design and any other elements that identify your business and its products and distinguishes them from others in the market. Your brand also takes into account the experiences and relationships that customers have with it.
Brand management, then, means analysing and planning how the public perceives your brand. It falls under the umbrella of marketing and involves activities and techniques that aim to maintain (at a minimum) or increase the value of your brand over time. To develop this strategy, you must have a solid understanding of your company’s vision, the brand – and how it fits into that vision – and your brand’s audience. Cultivating this strong relationship with this audience is vital to effective brand management.
In today’s media-driven and content-heavy environment, successful brand management is about tracking this media buzz – what are people saying about your brand and who are the people saying it? This means not only closely monitoring the media but also analysing and sharing media intelligence both internally and externally to your business.
Why is brand management important?
Effective brand management yields a number of invaluable benefits, such as:
- stimulating product prices
- generating loyal and committed customers through brand awareness and positive associations with the brand
- differentiating your brand in a competitive market
- creating a positive perception of your company
- helping employees, customers and other stakeholders better understand your organisation
- inspiring employee pride, in turn creating a staff of brand ambassadors.
Nexis Newsdesk™, our flagship media intelligence solution, empowers you to comprehensively scour a plethora of content to aid your brand management efforts. It enables you to:
- create personalized news searches around topics of interest
- analyse brand awareness and marketing campaign results
- benchmark against competitors
- identify trends
- monitor what people are saying about your company, your brand and your competitors in near-real time so you can quickly respond to developments
- track multiple topics across nearly 4 million articles daily, spanning 75 languages and more than 100 countries, for a comprehensive view of the media landscape
- stay abreast of 24/7 broadcast-news coverage with monitoring of more than 2,000 TV and radio stations around the world and access to full-length transcripts and related videos
- keep track of the buzz across social media, including Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, as well as thought-leader blogs, podcasts, microblogs, video/photo sharing sites, industry forums and more
- convert your research into easy-to-digest charts and graphs to share news and insights within your organisation
- stay up to date on the latest news thanks to customised alerts and newsletters
- share copyright-compliant news and information with colleagues and clients using customisable distribution tools, including branded newsletters and RSS feeds
Newsdesk’s features include:
- a customisable dashboard
- branded alerts and newsletters
- embeddable interactive charts
- advanced analysis and filtering capabilities
- personalised searches and alerts
- an unparalleled array of content.
Request a Free Trial here.
Nexis® Social Analytics
Nexis® Social Analytics, our social data intelligence platform, is a crucial instrument in your brand management toolkit, as it empowers you to capitalize on the endless stream of social media conversations happening today.
Using this powerful real-time monitoring and social-listening tool means you’ll never miss a conversation about your brand, your products or your competitors. It lets you:
- quickly and easily analyse billions of social posts and conversations to monitor your brand, manage potential PR crises, measure campaign effectiveness and gain insight into your social audiences
- identify patterns, follow trends, assess performance gaps and track return on investment of your campaigns
- take advantage of social media reporting to highlight successes and areas worthy of attention, and share insights quickly and easily across your organisation
- see which networks your audience is coming from and monitor how you’re performing on different social networks.
- track the impact that influencers and media mentions have on your website traffic
- leverage analytics tools, such as image recognition, virality mapping, geolocation tagging, sentiment analysis, hashtag tracking and more
- turn data from social conversations into meaningful insights from more than 10 social networks and 150 million websites.
With these social insights at your fingertips, you’ll be able to make more informed, impactful decisions to drive your brand and your business forward.
Nexis® Media Intelligence Research and Analytics
Nexis® Media Intelligence Research and Analytics combines our media metrics and human expertise to help you find the content that’s relevant to your brand. Accessing this content is key to understanding both how people perceive your brand and how it’s performing in the market.
What’s more, we curate content in more than 90 languages internationally so you can monitor your brand on a global scale. This content includes articles, videos, photos and more.
Nexis® Media Intelligence Research and Analytics applies filters and gleans data that you can use to
- quickly identify trends
- determine how specific campaigns are performing
- compare your brand’s standing with that of your competitors
- see where new opportunities lie.
Armed with these insights, you can focus on what’s truly important to your organisation.
Nexis® Media Contacts Solution
In today's fast-paced media landscape, staying up to date with the media outlets and contacts that are best suited to earn you publicity for your brand is key.
With Nexis® Media Contacts Solution, our cloud-based media database and communications service, you can identify influencers and amplify your message so you can achieve your brand management and communications goals. The database features nearly 800,000 media contacts across 200 countries.
It allows you to:
- search by beat, keyword or region
- identify relevant publications, outlets, journalists, bloggers and social media influencers to help amplify your message
- easily track open and click rates of emails
- evaluate your branding programs
- share relevant business intelligence across your organisation with customizable distribution tools, including alerts, branded newsletters and RSS feeds.
- create a seamless experience tailored to your needs with customized dashboards and an interface that matches your organisation's branding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some popular questions
Your brand exemplifies who your company is and what it stands for. It encompasses your company name, logo, products, internal and external messaging, design and any other elements that identify your business and its products and distinguishes them from others in the market. Read more
Brand management means analyzing and planning how the public perceives your brand. It falls under the umbrella of marketing and involves activities and techniques that aim to maintain (at a minimum) or increase the value of your brand over time. Read more
In today’s media-driven and content-heavy environment, successful brand management is about tracking this media buzz – what are people saying about your brand and who are the people saying it? This means not only closely monitoring the media but also analysing and sharing media intelligence both internally and externally to your business. With Brand management tools such as media monitoring and analytics, Nexis Newsdesk, Nexis Social Analytics, Nexis Media Contact Solutions, you can focus on what’s truly important to your organisation. Read more
Marketers, senior leadership across all industries use Brand Management Software to understand the brand sentiment and how well the brand is doing. This knowledge gives the marketers and senior leadership the information they require to make more informed decision with respect to the brand, products, customers as well as competition. Read more