A process for comprehensively assessing the compliance status of your own organisation
What is Regulatory Due Diligence?
With today’s businesses under increased pressure to meet ever-evolving regulatory requirements, you want to make sure your organisation remains compliant – now and into the future.
Regulatory due diligence should be part of your overall due diligence activities and is a process for comprehensively assessing the compliance status of your own organisation and those with which you do business. Typically, these assessments involve extensive background research and documentation review so you can:
- reveal previously unknown issues
- mitigate risk
- understand your regulatory obligations
- verify that the third parties you work with are legitimate and sound
- evaluate potential impact to your business
- correct issues
Failure to conduct thorough regulatory due diligence can result in personnel, reputational, legal and financial problems and may even have criminal implications for your organisation. Thus, it’s a good idea to regularly conduct regulatory audits and solidify your company’s regulatory due diligence practices.
Essentially, regulatory due diligence provides you with a clear view so you can navigate today’s complex regulatory landscape and safely, successfully and confidently move your business forward.
Nexis Diligence™ is an essential tool in your regulatory due diligence arsenal. Under one umbrella, it brings together all the business intelligence you need to conduct thorough regulatory due diligence and ensure you’re compliant with anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) codes of practice. It allows you to perform comprehensive research to investigate and monitor third parties, customers and other entities with whom you do business.
With Nexis Diligence™, you have access to an unrivalled collection of global news and information, including:
- more than 150 premium business information databases
- millions of public and private company profiles covering both developed and emerging markets
- politically exposed person (PEP) lists, international sanctions lists and watchlists
- more than 26,000 current news sources from newspapers, blogs, and newswires, as well as an archive going back 40 years
- the LexisNexis® database of international court cases and decisions
- risk-analysis reports
- more than 500 biographical sources and executive profiles
The tool also boasts a built-in report builder that generates customised time- and date-stamped reports so you can validate your ongoing compliance efforts in the case of a regulatory audit.
Nexis® Entity Insight
Global supply chains, partners, vendors and other business relationships, though often critical to your organisation, also increase your exposure to regulatory risk. If you lack the information on and insights into who you’re doing business with, you open your organisation up to serious threats.
To ensure you meet regulatory compliance requirements and protect your business alongside this complex network of third parties, you need a tool such as Nexis® Entity Insight. With this risk monitoring solution, you can conduct continuous risk media monitoring using a PESTLE (political, economic, socio-cultural, technological, legal and environmental) framework. This framework helps you identify supply-chain and third-party risk earlier so you can quickly and effectively take action.
Entity Insight enables customised risk scoring to empower your business. The tool’s user-friendly dashboard lets you:
- manage active and pending entities, as well as related RSS feeds
- visualise news volume for all active entity mentions, colour-coded by PESTLE category
- identify the top 10 news volume trends among active entities and risk topics
- explore the context of adverse media mentions and mitigate emerging risks
Ultimately, Entity Insight gives you more transparency into your business risk and arms you with all the data you need to proactively make informed decisions before regulatory problems arise.
BatchNameCheck® delivers daily screening results and reports to help you detect individuals or organisations that pose potential risks to your organisation.
This automated regulatory due diligence tool provides access to global watchlists, sanctions lists, PEP databases and negative-news searches. From these searches, you receive consistent, clear near-real-time results that help you identify potential red flags sooner rather than later, so you can address them and get on with running your business.
- automates background checks
- reduces false positives
- provides you with a complete audit trail of activity
- alerts you to compliance risk
- better protects your business
- strengthens your regulatory due-diligence efforts
The tool helps you realise efficiencies (or inefficiencies) in your regulatory due diligence practices and assists you in developing a comprehensive risk profile of the individuals and entities with whom you do business. This way, you make sure you meet regulatory expectations for AML and ABC compliance.
With BatchNameCheck®, you can rest assured knowing that you are protecting your organisation from regulatory risk and damage.
Given that today’s companies are under increased regulatory scrutiny, it’s imperative to have a robust regulatory due diligence process in place to ensure that your organisation remains compliant. LexisNexis Diligence Spotter® is a powerful regulatory compliance tool that combines:
- third-party screening
- risk assessment
- ongoing monitoring
- case management
What’s more, as the due diligence landscape continue to evolve and change, Diligence Spotter® has the agility to keep up and adapt – so you can always meet regulatory requirements. The software uses internal and external data sources to help you identify, assess and manage your exposure to risk. And because the tool works continuously behind the scenes, you can regularly evaluate your risk so you can scale up or scale down your regulatory due diligence efforts as this risk dictates.
- You can't find an answer to your problem on this website
- You would like to request training
- You would like a product demonstration
- You are having trouble logging in or have a technical problem