Bribery Scheme Costs Telecom Company $850 Million
Bribes to win business a losing proposition
The world pays the price for unchecked corruption
- A rise in populist leaders who use corruption as an issue to get elected, then undermine anticorruption laws and weaken democratic institutions after gaining power.
- A lack of effective anti-bribery and corruption mechanisms in newly-democratic countries, which leads to high levels of corruption and low performance of democratic institutions.
- Weakening of the rule of law—in both established democracies and emerging ones.
How can you combat corruption?
- Download Fast Facts on ABC compliance now.
- Share this post with your colleagues and connections.