New Names Showcase Flagship Research Solution
As November approaches, new signs of the changing season appear every day. The air is a little crisper. The trees are a little more colorful. And here at Nexis® Solutions, another change is taking place—our product names are being updated. What’s behind the transition?
Nexis: A Name Worth Remembering
At the beginning of 2019, we announced that LexisNexis® Business Insight Solutions—a business unit of LexisNexis Legal & Professional—was becoming Nexis Solutions. The name change served several purposes:
- It highlights our flagship business research platform, Nexis®.
- It distinguishes us from the legal side of LexisNexis with its own flagship legal research platform, Lexis® Advance.
Most importantly, the name change speaks to our commitment to supporting a nexus of ideas and innovationin our solutions and for our customers. This includes a future vision of continuous improvement through artificial intelligence, including:
- Advanced enrichments and machine learning algorithms that lead to smart data and more relevant search results
- Turning that smart data into actionable insights with predictive analytics and visualization
- Intelligent search based on use cases and search behaviours that will enable our platforms to predict searches, provide search strings and suggest answers
These efforts are supported through our people and our partnerships. In addition to investing in technology professionals to build in-house expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive analytics, Nexis Solutions is teaming upwith best-in-class partners across RELX and across the industry to ensure we continue to evolve to meet the current and future needs of our customers.
What hasn’t changed, however, is our commitment to the organizations that depend on our incomparable content universe and technologies that help companies:
- Increase productivity while saving time and resources
- Gain criticalawareness with information and analytics
- Comply with global and national regulations
- Improve decision-making to grow their businesses
And now, we’re taking the next step on this journey.
Indispensable tools for data-driven insights
Our product line-up is poised to go through a name realignment beginning November 1st—and it’s easy to remember: All our product names will now reflect the same flagship product that inspired the Nexis Solutions name change: Nexis.
As we have introduced new or enhanced products over the past two years, we’ve connected the name back to Nexis.
- 2017 – LexisNexis Academic becomes Nexis Uni®.
- 2017 – LexisNexis for Development Professionals becomes Nexis® for Development Professionals.
- 2018 – Multiple data-as-a-service offerings relaunched as Nexis® Data as a Service.
- 2019 – Lexis Diligence moves to a new platform and becomes Nexis Diligence™.
November 2019 marks the last of these name transitions:
- LexisNexis® Dossier is now Nexis® Dossier to reflect its alignment with Nexis news and company content.
- Our automated risk monitoring solutions, LexisNexis Entity Insight, is becoming Nexis Entity Insight.
- Our award-winning media monitoring and analytics platform, LexisNexis Newsdesk®, is becoming Nexis Newsdesk™.
- LexisNexis® Social Analytics (powered by Talkwalker) is becoming Nexis® Social Analytics (powered by Talkwalker).
- LexisNexis® Media Contacts Solution (powered by Agility PR Solutions) is becoming Nexis® Media Contacts Solution (powered by Agility PR Solutions).
If you’re familiar with Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliette, you’ll recognize a quote that’s has flitted through our minds since we began considering how we could introduce the new product names.
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”
Despite having been written 420 years ago, the quote feels especially relevant to our current situation. Yes, our product names are changing. But the promise behind our products remains unchanged—and just as sweet:Deliver our unmatched content in ways that quickly address your organization’s evolving needs for actionable business research, enhanced risk management, comprehensive media intelligence or the data to power machine learning, predictive analytics and other artificial intelligence applications.